Background - Projects - Seminars Members Research in the communications group spans a range of topics including information theory, compression, coding and modulation. We are interested in the fundamental limits of networked communication systems as well as designing efficient codes and algorithms for these systems. Applications for our work include wireless communication, high-density data storage, video compression and file synchronization. Some of the current projects in the group:
- Low-complexity codes for compression and communication via sparse regression.
- Fundamental performance limits in network information theory.
- Interactive algorithms for synchronization from insertions and deletions.
- Performance Limits of coded modulation systems.
- New techniques for iterative decoding.